With a history of over 700 years, Gatka is a Style of Stick fighting with wooden sticks intended to simulate swords. It is a
form of martial art associated primarily with the Sikhs of the Punjab and other related regional groups, such as Hindkowans.
The competitors are called Nihangs, or armed Sikh warrior. The martial art is practiced by both male and female athletes.
Athlete will press a viking press implement from shoulder rack position to overhead for max reps within 60 sec time limit.
• Athletes will compete head-to-head (4 lanes).
• 60 second time limit.
• Total reps completed is your score.
• Athlete begins at a starting line.
• Athlete must wait for judge’s command to receive a rep.
• ‘Touch and Go’ is NOT allowed. You must wait for the judge’s up command after the bar and tires have settled.
• The athlete will lift from a platform that makes the 13ft / 4m axle bar standard height even with tires on the sides.
• No deadlift suits, hooks, tacky, or tack towels allowed.