Kabaddi is a contact team sport. Played between two teams of seven players, the objective of the game is for a single player on offence, referred to as a “raider”, to run into the opposing team’s half of the court, touch out as many of their players and return to their own half of the court, all without being tackled by the defenders in 30 seconds. While raiding, the raider must loudly chant kabaddi, confirming to referees that their raid is done on a single breath without inhaling. Each raid has a 30-second time limit.
Points are scored for each player tagged by the raider, while the opposing team earns a point for stopping the raider. Players are taken out of the game if they are touched or tackled but are brought back in for each point scored by their team from a tag or a tackle.
Athlete will press a viking press implement from shoulder rack position to overhead for max reps within 60 sec time limit.
• Athletes will compete head-to-head (4 lanes).
• 60 second time limit.
• Total reps completed is your score.
• Athlete begins at a starting line.
• Athlete must wait for judge’s command to receive a rep.
• ‘Touch and Go’ is NOT allowed. You must wait for the judge’s up command after the bar and tires have settled.
• The athlete will lift from a platform that makes the 13ft / 4m axle bar standard height even with tires on the sides.
• No deadlift suits, hooks, tacky, or tack towels allowed.